#50 - Creative Critical Reflection 4

 


Greetings blog!

Today's blog will be my response to Creative Critical Response Question 4. The following are the link to the Adobe Express video and the video's transcript.

Adobe Express Video: https://express.adobe.com/video/kiRMt9KRGJXSd

Video Transcript

[0:00]
Hello, my name is Janaysa Dorcin. My candidate number is 0515, and my center number is US154. In this presentation, I will be answering compulsory question four for the Cambridge International AS Level Media Studies course.

[0:20]
Compulsory Question Four is, “How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project? ”

[0:29]
Technology played an integral role in the creation of my magazine. Through a blend of software, hardware, and online resources, Divine Woman Magazine was developed as an online source for all things women’s lifestyle.

[0:45]
The hardware I used while creating this project were my iPhone 14, its camera, and my MacBook. I used my iPhone primarily to take pictures. Because I don’t own a professional grade camera, using my iPhone’s camera helped to ensure my pictures still had a professional (or nearly professional) look to them. Additionally, my computer was an essential part of producing this magazine. I used my computer to edit all my photos, publish blogs documenting the production process, and, most importantly, produce and edit my magazine.

[1:22]
The ways in which I integrated software and online resources are very connected. Canva and Blogger were important websites for my production process.

[1:33]
Canva is an easy-to-use graphic design software. I created and edited all the parts of my final magazine product using Canva. Everything from my fonts to my page layouts were found or developed on this software. Since it is a software that is free to use, I utilized it throughout my time in the AICE Media Studies course, and even more so during the production of my magazine product. As I continued to use the software, my skill set grew and my magazine product demonstrates much of what I’ve learned. I even used it to design the thumbnails for each of my blog posts. Speaking of blogs, I relied very heavily on the platform Blogger to publish all of my blogs.

[2:16]
Furthermore, I used a website called TheInPaint to edit some of my photos. Though the iPhone provides a variety of editing tools for photos, I wanted to remove some parts of the background in some images, and this online resource made it easy to do so. For other photo edits, I used both my iPhone’s built-in settings and Canva.

[2:38]
To answer each compulsory question at the end of the course, I utilized even more software and online resources. I used Microsoft PowerPoint, Animaker, Adobe Express, and Vocaroo.

[2:51]
Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation program that can be used to make engaging and creative slideshows, and even allows for users to pre-record their presentation with voice overs. I used this program to answer compulsory question one.

[3:07]
Vocaroo is a free, online voice recorder that makes creating and sharing voice messages on the web easier. I used this program to make a podcast answering compulsory question two.

[3:20]
Animaker is a video animation software that allows users to create animated and live-action videos. I used this program to answer compulsory question three.

[3:32]
Adobe Express is an online design app that allows users to create graphics, videos, and other content for social media. I used this program to answer compulsory question four.

[3:45]
My name is Janaysa Dorcin, candidate number 0515, center number US154. 




References
Graphic created in Canva
Video created by Janaysa Dorcin for the purposes of this course

Comments

Popular Posts