#4 - Using Camera Angles




Welcome back!

In the AICE Media Studies course, there are technical elements we need to understand and utilize in our projects, including camera angles and camera shots. Today, I'll be discussing the three camera angles mentioned in the course syllabus: the high angle, the low angle, and the canted angle.


High Angle

A high-angle shot has the camera looking downward on the subject while positioned at a higher vantage point. High angles convey a subject's vulnerability when used with the right setting and context.



Low Angle

A low angle shot is one taken with the camera positioned lower than the eye-line of the subject. Low angle shots are usually used to convey strength and power.




Canted Angle

A canted angle shot is one where the camera is set at a slant on its roll axis to produce a tilted viewpoint.



The subject of the high and low angles is my classmate Nicole. She's such a great subject! The subject of the canted angle is a lounge room in my school. These angles were easier to capture than I was expecting, and I'm excited to use them in my magazine.



Thanks for reading and see you next time!

References

Graphic created in Canva

Photos included were taken by me for the purposes of this blog.

Comments

Popular Posts