#23 - Starting the Final Magazine

 


Hello blog!

This is a post I've been looking forward to writing for some time. Now that work on the preliminary task is complete and I've gotten constructive feedback from my teacher and peers, I can start focusing on one of the most important parts of this class - the final magazine!

First, we had to get into groups and determine the type of magazine we want to create. My group is comprised of myself and my classmates Nicole, Mya, and Trinity. In our very first discussions, we decided that a women's magazine was probably the type of magazine we wanted to produce. I knew I wanted to target females (a market I know well since I am one), and initially thought making a teen magazine. However, our group discussions helped change my mind and I'm glad we are all on the same page.

We have yet to decide what our magazine's name will be, or what our target age will be. However, this decision helps us determine what look our final magazine will have. So far, I'm really inspired by Essence magazine and others like it. I want to target a slightly younger age group than that magazine, but it's still a great source of inspiration. 

Next, we have to choose a name, and start considering our color scheme and double page spreads. We have a lot of work ahead of us, but I'm ready to get started!



References

Graphics created in Canva

Comments

Popular Posts