#37 - Feature Story Subject Interview

 


Hiya blog!

I completed my interview with my feature story subject! I asked a few more questions than I had prepared, but I believe it led to a more thorough foundation for my story. Check out my questions and her answers below.



Tell me a little about your background (education, interests, and family).
My name is Faisha Guerrier. I’m 21 years old and I’m currently a sophomore at Barry University on the pre-nursing track. I have a lot of interests, like shopping when I have free time if I feel in mood to have a new outfit. I’m the youngest of two sisters and take a lot of inspiration from them.


What do you see yourself doing in your future (career, hobbies, etc.)?
I can say that I see myself in more than one career path in the future. I’m currently exploring the possibilities of owning my own clinic helping the less fortunate with ultrasounds. My plan after graduating college is to earn my RN [Registered Nurse] credentials and become a travel nurse working in the NICU.


How would you describe your personal style?
I have a variety of ways that I dress myself in; it really depends on the mood I’m in. I love the simple look of pairing sneakers with a cute crop top and a nice purse. On my lazier days, I throw on some sweats, with an oversized t-shirt and some crocs. You can never go wrong with crocs.


How did it develop to be that way?
My fashion role model, Zendaya, inspires me to try new looks I couldn’t have imagined. She has a fashion sense that’s free spirited but also laid back. I’ve watched her growing up throughout the years and thought, “Wow, I aspire to be like her one day and dress that way too”.


Walk me through your process of building your outfits (daily and for going out).
My outfit starts me with picking my shoes out. I feel the shoes put the whole outfit together, so they go first. The, I look through my jacket rack to see which one would look best with them. After looking for my jacket, I either look for a two-piece set or a pair of jeans and a shirt that will complement each other or have a neutral color that won’t make my outfit clash. After that, I add some jewelry.


How do you adapt your style to school?
School is a place that I can be around really important people, so I try not to dress provocative and try to be comfortable at the same time. My mom also raised me to be more on the modest side in public, so I keep that in mind when I pick out my outfits. Everything still has to match, but most importantly I try to not to be showy because I don’t want the wrong message going out about me. You never know who you will meet, and I want my looks to leave a good impression.


How would you define fashion?
I would define fashion as a particular way in which people dress. People can take fashion trends and modify them how they prefer. I think fashion is a really versatile thing and its always changing.


What do you think about the current trends in fashion we see now?
I’m not a big fan of how I see most people dress nowadays. There’s a lot of impurity, especially with how girls dress. I think a lot of them feel like they have to be showing their butt or their body to be considered appealing or beautiful, but that’s not true at all. I still believe people should dress the way that they want and however makes them feel good, but they shouldn’t go over the top.


How do you keep up with all the changes in the fashion industry?
I don’t feel a way about the certain fashion trends because people will dress how they feel regardless of what’s trending, which is what it should be. Still, I think fashion trends can be fun, especially when they are close to what my personal style is.


What are your thoughts on the rise of fast fashion?
I think that fast fashion has positive and negatives to it. On the one hand, it opens up the fashion world up to people who can’t pay for the expensive stuff, like Gucci or Alexander McQueen. But, I’ve heard about the sweat shops and problems for the environment and I hope there’s a way to have fast fashion and a good environment.


Which celebrity’s style do you like the most? Why?
The celebrity styles that I love the most are Zendaya and Rihanna. Zendaya has been my fashion role model forever, like I said before. For Rihanna, I love the way she switches her style from sporty to classy and just have a natural vibe while rocking it vibrantly.





References
Graphic created in Canva









Comments

Popular Posts