#29 - Survey Results

 

 Hey blog!

Today, I'll be sharing the results of my audience survey. This will really help me create a magazine people would actually read. Check it out!

The first question revealed that the majority of survey-takers were women. This is beneficial because my magazine will be about women, and it's important that women provide critiques of my work.

The second question asked for the ages of respondents, and a majority of them were 18. This is good because 18 is the transition age from teen to young adult, and that's part of the age group I want to target with the magazine.


The third question asked respondents about magazine names they were drawn to. The majority of respondents chose the name "Divine Woman". I was much more drawn to Contessa, but I am moving away from it considering that only 2 respondents were drawn to it. It may do my magazine a disservice to choose a name that is not attractive to the majority of readers. As of now, Divine Woman, Aphrodite, and Aura are serious contenders for our magazine's name.


The fourth survey question asked respondents to choose the most interesting topics from a list of potential topics for our double page spreads. The top 4 were self-care, fashion, dieting/fitness, and entrepreneurship. These four are the topics my group will be choosing from when designing our double page spreads.

Forms response chart. Question title: What type of magazine are you more drawn to?. Number of responses: 27 responses.


This fifth survey questions reveals that most respondents would like a magazine with a relaxed and fun tone rather than one that is sophisticated and serious. I am personally more drawn to relaxed and playful magazines and covers, so I am excited that respondents felt the same way.

Forms response chart. Question title: Which magazine cover would you be most drawn to?. Number of responses: 27 responses.

The sixth survey question revealed that most respondents of my survey would prefer to see a cover that showcases diverse women posed as though they are in an editorial. This is great, especially since I envision an expressive, more upbeat cover.

The seventh survey question asked respondents things they would expect to see in a woman's magazine. Some of the answers we received included:

  • Empowerment/lessons to motivate women
  • Personal stories
  • Topics that provide a unique glimpse into women and commercial culture
  • Women uplifting each other
  • Diversity and unity
  • Positivity
Lastly, we asked respondents if they usually read women's magazines. The majority of respondents said no, but a few respondents said that they did. These respondents were familiar with the magazines Vogue, Cosmopolitan, and Elle.

That's the end of the survey results. I am very happy with the results of this survey, and how similar my tastes were to those of my target audience. With this information, I can proceed with the samller details to make my magazine the best it can be.



References

Graphics created in Canva

Pictures of results from Google Forms

Comments

Popular Posts