#20 - Revised Preliminary Table of Contents Analysis

 

Welcome back to my blog!

Revisions are in full swing, and it is time to break down my latest work! This was, once again, my favorite part of the preliminary task. Let's break it down!

Here's the picture I will be structuring my analysis with.



First, I made sure that the colors on the page complimented the cover. It adds to the cohesive look of the magazine and is much easier on the eyes than the green I chose the first time I did this task. I also incorporated the font from the cover on this page, and it really pulls the page together. All in all, the page looks clean and full of content, which is exactly what I was going for.

Part of what makes the page look full is a new change I made - summaries under the article titles. My original table of contents lacked this, and felt uninspired and not up to my standards. The summaries make the page look more realistic, and provides a great preview to what the articles would actually cover. I want to have those in my final magazine product.

Speaking of the articles, they are all topics I brainstormed. I wanted articles that a student in the middle of college application season would find helpful, and (as one myself) I think I did a pretty good job. I want to work on making more eye-catching titles, just to make my magazine as realistic as possible. Moreover, I made sure to include the feature article on the page, and you'll see it again on my double page spread. 

Now, onto the cooler contents of the page. Both pictures are long shots, and include the subject of my feature story and double page spread (my friend Joanna). The picture on the top right is the picture I used for my first magazine cover, and I used it again for the same reasons I outlined before. The photo on the bottom left is from my first double page spread, just with the background now. They both show Joanna as enthusiastic and with positive body language, which is exactly how I want to portray her in my magazine.

Lastly, I used a feature of real magazines, which was the page numbers on the pictures. That way, readers can see which article the pictures are a part of. I'm a bit unsure if I should include a page number on this page, but I will figure that out before I get to the final magazine project.

That is all for this analysis! What do you think of this new table of contents? Let me know down below!













References
Graphics created in Canva

Comments

Popular Posts