#18 - Revised Preliminary Magazine Cover Page Analysis


Hello blog!

As I mentioned before, I have begun revising my preliminary task. There was some components of my previous magazine that i felt were lacking and not a sufficient reflection of my creativity and comprehension. Revisions also mean new analyses! First up, the magazine cover. Here's the photo I'll be using to structure my analysis.


The creative process for this cover was a little different than my first. I still wanted a college-themed/school-themed cover, but I wanted a candid shot as opposed to something that looked staged. I shot this outside at my school, and had my friends walk and laugh as I snapped pictures. The end result is bright and happy, and may draw people in to pick it up and read it. Also, I completely changed the color scheme and font. The colors and font feel calmer, cleaner, and easier on the eyes.

Additionally, I took the photo at an eye-level angle. That way, the cover would would look welcoming. Any other angle would look off-putting or weird, considering the topic of the magazine.  The photo is also a long shot, and I chose to use this shot because I could convey my friends' enthusiasm in both their facial expressions and body language.

The photo composition is something that I didn't change from my first attempt at this task. I once again used shallow focus so my two friends would be the main things one's eyes are drawn to. Also, Blurring the background also makes the words on the cover more legible, and opens up the opportunity to use different colors and fonts that would be hard to see/read otherwise.

Lastly, I used the same realistic magazine features from before. The issue date, article previews, and barcode still make this magazine look realistic. I even made sure that all the previews on the cover matched stories on my table of contents.

What do you think of this revised cover? Let me know in the comment section below!






References
Graphics created in Canva

Comments

Popular Posts