#6 - Using Camera Shots - Part 2




Hi there!

I'm back with some more camera shots! This blog will cover five more of the shots this course's syllabus mentions: the wide-shot, the two-shot, the bird's-eye view shot, the point-of-view shot, and the over-the-shoulder shot.

Wide-Shot

A wide-shot is a shot that has a wide depth of field and a horizontal plane of action.


Two-Shot

The two-shot is a shot where two characters are in the frame. It can be used to create tension or convey romantic feelings.



Bird's-Eye View Shot

A bird's-eye view shot is an overhead shot that is taken from a high angle and from a distance. This shot widen's the audience's view and can reveal elements of the environment the character is not aware of. It is usually taken with a helicopter or crane, but I took it with my phone due to lack of resources.



Point-of-View Shot

A point of view shot is shot shows the audience the character's point of view. This can give the audience a sense of the character's emotional state.




Over-the-Shoulder Shot

An over-the-shoulder shot is one where the camera shoots the subject while position behind the shoulder of another subject. 



Once again, Denn and Nicole were the main subjects of photos. They do such a great job that I just can't stop working with them! These photos are my favorites because of how easy they were to figure out and how fun they were to do. 

Thank you for tuning in as I covered these technical elements! I can't wait to continue learning and documenting my experience, and I hope you'll stick around.

Toodles!


References

Graphic created in Canva

Photos included were taken by me for the purposes of this blog.








Comments

Popular Posts