#3 - A Bit About Me!





Hi!

Before I take this blog any further, I want to introduce myself!

My name is Janaysa, and I'm 17 years old (18 in less than a month!). I'm really involved in my school and outside community. I'm a former class officer, Law Academy student, member of National Honor Society, National English Honor Society, an active member of my church's youth department, and an intern for a School Board Member in my district.

In the classroom, I am very concerned about my grades and coursework. I've completed over 7 AICE courses so far, and I am taking a few Advanced Placement courses this year. I am also in the top 1% of my class. I'm even taking this course as a way to challenge myself and do something I'm not sure will be an immediate success. Even more, I will be graduating high school with an Associate of Arts degree. With all of this, it wouldn't be far-fetched to assume I'm an overachiever.

I do so much because I plan to pursue higher education at a top university (such as an Ivy or another similarly regarded school), and I want to study political science and educational policy. Eventually, I want to pursue a career in the law field. I'm very interested in law and government, how people utilize them to gain power, and how big decisions for the country are made. On the other hand, I'm interested on how educational equity can be achieved through government action. As I grow up, I'll continue to figure out how I can start a career that is in the intersection of these two interests.

Now, enough about that stuff!

Outside of school and academic achievement, I love all things Hamilton, anime, reading, and music (I'm a big fan of K-pop). I play golf and have been for a few years. I'm not going to go pro or anything like that, but I do like going out on the green and playing with others or by myself. I also really love traveling. I've been to 7 states so far and will be adding 2 countries to that list soon!

That's enough about me for now! Talk to you all soon!

PS. Here's a picture of me!


References

Graphic created in Canva

The photo included of myself was taken by me on my personal phone.

Comments

Popular Posts